|Audiovisual Media & Equipment||Interlibrary Loan||Online Catalog|
|Course Reserve Materials||Media/Copy Center||Reference Services|
|Department Liaison Program|
Audiovisual Media and Equipment
The Media Collection includes over 4,000 DVDs/videocassettes, 1,000 CDs and audiocassettes(including Books on Tape). These items may be utilized or borrowed in the following manner:
- DVDs & Videocassettes may be viewed on DVD/VCR players which are located in the Media/Copy Center on the third floor of the Library. Only FLCC faculty may borrow videocassettes for use outside of the library.
- CDs, Audiocassettes, and phonograph records may be borrowed for use outside of the Library or may be listened to in the Media/Copy Center or in the current periodicals area on the third floor of the Library.
Who May Use the Library:
- The FLCC Library is open to all FLCC and SUNY students, faculty, and staff as well as to all residents of Ontario, Livingston, Monroe, Seneca, Wayne, and Yates Counties.
- Students must use their FLCC ID/SUNY ID Card to borrow items from the library. FLCC ID Cards are available at the FLCC Bookstore.
- All other patrons may obtain a library card by presenting appropriate photo identification and completing an address card at the Circulation Desk.
- When borrowing library materials, you must present your library card at the time of checkout.
- Books and Audiocassettes: 21 days
- Periodicals: May be used within Library only
- Records: 3 days
- CDs: 7 days
- Videocassettes & DVDs: May be borrowed for viewing in the Media/Copy Center on the third floor (may not be checked out of Library).
- Items may be renewed by phone at (585) 785-1371 on or before the item's due date. Items can also be renewed by logging into your Library Account at http://fin.sunyconnect.suny.edu:4700/F/?func=BOR-INFO.
- Materials may only be renewed once.
- Overdue books must be brought to the library in order to be renewed.
- To request a library item which is already on loan, a hold may be placed on the item. A hold item must be picked up at the Circulation Desk within 2 days of notification by the Library that the item is available.
Fines for Overdue Items:
- Books: $.05 per day*
- CDs, Records, & Audiocassettes: $1.00 per day*
- Reserve Materials: $1.00 per day*
- Failure to return materials and/or unpaid fines will result in loss of borrowing privileges and/or holding of grades, diplomas, and transcripts. Please avoid these penalties by returning materials on time.
for days the Library is closed.
There is a maximum fine of $5.00 for any overdue item.
Course Reserve Material
A large number of course-related library materials are placed on reserve by faculty for student use. These items are listed in the online catalog and are kept "on reserve" at the Circulation/Reserve Desk on the 2nd floor. The instructor specifies the loan period on these items. Materials generally fit into one of four categories: non-circulating, overnight loan, three-day loan or one-week loan. Reserve materials are loaned to students in the following manner:
- Students must present their FLCC ID card to sign out reserve materials.
- Students may borrow one circulating (overnight, three-day, or one-week) reserve item at a time.
- Students may borrow a maximum of two non-circulating reserve items at a time.
- One renewal is allowed for each reserve item.
- There is a fine of $1.00 per day for overdue reserve materials, with a maximum fine of $5.00.
Department Liaison Program
Please contact your area liaison for book requests and library instruction. For all video/DVD requests, contact Wally Babcock.
- Anthropology: Wally Babcock (x1378)
- Business: Interim Liaison Sarah Moon (x1373)
- Careers: Interim Liaison Sarah Moon (x1373)
- Chemical Dependency & Addiction Counseling: Jenny Burnett (x1375)
- Computer Science: Jenny Burnett (x1375)
- Conservation: Charlotte Cooper (x1477)
- Criminal Justice: Interim Liaison Sarah Moon (x1373)
- Developmental Studies: Wally Babcock (x1378)
- Education: Wally Babcock (x1378)
- History: Wally Babcock (x1378)
- Horticulture: Charlotte Cooper (x1477)
- Hotel & Resort Management: Interim Liaison Sarah Moon (x1373)
- Humanities: Charlotte Cooper (x1477)
- Integrated Health: Jenny Burnett (x1375)
- Language: Charlotte Cooper (x1477)
- Law: Interim Liaison Sarah Moon (x1373)
- Literature: Charlotte Cooper (x1477)
- Massage: Jenny Burnett (x1375)
- Math: Wally Babcock (x1378)
- Nursing: Jenny Burnett (x1375)
- Physical Education: Jenny Burnett (x1375)
- Political Science: Wally Babcock (x1378)
- Psychology: Wally Babcock (x1378)
- Science: Wally Babcock (x1378)
- Sociology: Interim Liaison Sarah Moon (x1373)
- Technology: Wally Babcock (x1378)
- Travel/Tourism: Interim Liaison Sarah Moon (x1373)
- Visual & Performing Arts: Charlotte Cooper (x1477)
- Video and spoken-word media in all areas: Wally Babcock (x1378)
Current FLCC students and staff may request materials not available in the FLCC Library collection through interlibrary loan at no charge. You must have an FLCC ID card and FLCC email address to place an interlibrary loan. A maximum of 5 items may be borrowed through interlibrary loan at any time. The ILL process is as follows:
- All ILLiad users must create an ILLiad account. ILLiad is the Interlibrary Loan system that we use to order books for FLCC students, faculty and staff.
- Once you have an ILLiad account, your first step is to login to ILLiad.
- After you have located a book citation in OCLC WorldCat, click on the title of the book that you wish to borrow. Click on the See more details for locating this item link, then the Request item from ILLiad link, and follow the instructions as they appear.
- After you have located an article citation from one of the Library Databases, you will ultimately click on the Request item using Interlibrary Loan link and follow the instructions as they appear on the screen.
- If you have a citation from a source other than WorldCat or a library research database, you can log in to your ILLiad account and manually enter the information.
- Allow 8-14 days for requested materials to arrive. Items may arrive sooner, depending on availability.
- You will be notified by e-mail when your item has arrived. The item(s) may be picked up at the Circulation/Reserve Desk. Please bring your FLCC ID card to sign items out.
Internet/Electronic Database Access
The library offers the following Internet and Electronic Database services:
- Open access to the Internet for all patrons. In order to best serve our patrons, our Access to Electronic Information Policy is posted at each computer in the reference area.
- A variety of full-text and citation-only databases covering a wide range of subject areas
In the Media/Copy Center on the 3rd floor of the Library, you will find copies of older issues of those periodicals and newspapers kept on microfilm, as well as several copy machines and equipment for viewing and listening to media programs. The cost for copies is 5 cents a copy.
A Visualtek machine, which magnifies the size of printed copy, is available for use in this area of the library.
Located in the Media/Copy Center:
- Microfilm and microfiche reader/printers
- Change machine
- Videocassette & DVD players
- Audiocassette players
- Variable speed audio cassette player
The library's online catalog offers the following features:
- Access to the book, periodical, and audiovisual holdings of the library.
- Graphical interface searching by author, title, keyword, subject, or document type. Searches may also be limited by language or material type.
- Home access to the catalog through the following web address: http://fin.sunyconnect.suny.edu:4700/F/
- The library's web site at http://library.flcc.edu offers links to other local and national library catalogs.
Periodicals are located on the 3rd floor of the library. The FLCC Periodicals List, kept in blue binders, notes the periodicals owned by the library, including the dates covered for each periodical and whether the back issues are stored in bound volumes or on microfilm. The FLCC Periodicals List is also searchable from the FLCC library catalog or available online in a PDF format.
- The most recent issues are shelved to the right of the main stairwell, near the large windows. It may be necessary to lift the shelf to find additional issues.
- Older issues may be found in the bound periodical stacks, or on microfilm.
- Newspapers and oversize periodicals are kept in brown hanging folders in the area between the recent issues and the bound volumes.
- The library's periodical indexes on computer (see Internet/Electronic Databases) and in print will help locate articles on a particular topic. All indexes are located on the 2nd floor.
The following services are available at the Reference Desk:
- Individual assistance with questions in person or by phone (585-785-1432), available all hours that the Library is open
- Individual assistance with the online catalog and other electronic resources
- Instruction in research, the use of information resources, computer demonstrations, and library tours available to FLCC classes. In order to schedule a tour or class, please call the Reference desk at Ext. 1432
- Assistance with computer searches for complex research topics
- Assistance with interlibrary loans