ILLiad Interlibrary Loan Guidelines
Our Interlibrary Loan service will attempt to obtain materials from other libraries that are not available at the Charles J. Meder Library. Articles are sent electronically to your email address. All other materials will be available at the library circulation desk for check out.
- ILLiad: Use ILLiad to request books, articles and other materials from other libraries.
- Check our library before you order: Before you submit a request for an item from another library, please check our holdings first. Use the Charles J. Meder Libary Online Catalog, which provides information on the books and materials that we own, and the Research Databases which provide aceess to online articles from journals, magazines, and newspapers.
- Renew: To renew online, log into your ILLiad account. Under "ILL Items Due Soon ", click on the transaction number for the item you wish to renew and choose "Renew Request".
- Fees for Lost/Damaged Materials: Lost or damaged items will be charged to your library account according to the amount that the lending library charges.
- A maximum of 5 items may be borrowed through interlibrary loan at any time.
First Time Users: Create Your Account
What should I do if my login doesn't work or if I forget my password?
You can reset your password by clicking on the red "Forgot Password?" link in the ILLiad Login box. We can also reset your password for you.
Contact the FLCC Library Circulation Desk :
- Phone : 585-785-1371
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-Person : FLCC Library Circulation Desk
Who can use FLCC's ILL service?
Interlibrary Loan services are available to all current FLCC faculty, registered students and staff. FLCC's ILL service is not available to: community patrons or visitors. ILL services can be obtained through public libraries.
For how long may I borrow an item?
Books, etc.: The borrowing period is determined by the lending library, so this time period varies. When an item arrives from a lending library, the due date is assigned, and you will be able to clearly see this date when you pickup the material. Some lending libraries will allow renewals for additional lending time. You may request a renewal through the ILLiad online system. You will be notified via FLCC email as to the status of your renewal request. You may also contact the FLCC Library at (585) 785-1371 before the book is due to see if a renewal is possible.
Articles: Typically you will receive electronic(pdf) versions of your article requests. You will be notified via FLCC email that your article is available and will be given further instructions informing you how to obtain the article.
I need to place a request and I was told to create an ILLiad account. What is ILLiad?
ILLiad is the online interlibrary loan service used here at FLCC. The system will allow you to quickly and easily place requests for items from other libraries and then track the status of your request. In order to place interlibrary loan requests or request an item be delivered to your campus center, you will need to create an ILLiad account. To create your account, click here. Please contact the Library Reference Desk at (585) 785-1371 or email@example.com for more assistance.
How long does it take?
An average of 1-2 weeks for book loans and less than a week for article copies.
How will I be notified that my item has arrived?
We will contact you via FLCC email when your item is ready for pickup. If we are unable to obtain the requested item, we will notify you via FLCC email as soon as possible.
Returning Items & Borrower Responsibilities:
Please return items obtained via ILL on or before the date due. Because this is a special loan from another library, it is important to return books promptly so that we can maintain good relationships with lending libraries.
Books borrowed through ILL are the property of the lending library, not the FLCC library. Borrowers are responsible for any ILL items that are lost or damaged, and must pay any and all replacement & processing costs, as determined by the lending library.
Copyright Law Compliance Warning:
All Interlibrary Loan requests will be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) which governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials.
The phone number for the Interlibrary Loan Department is: (585) 785-1371. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.